Escape from Mos Shuuta
Gather your friends and prepare for adventure in the Star Wars galaxy! Whether you’re new to roleplaying games or just new to Edge of the Empire™, the Beginner Game is the perfect starting point.
The Star Wars®: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game features a complete, learn-as-you-go adventure. Pre-generated character folios keep rules right at the your fingertips, while custom dice and an exciting narrative gameplay system make every roll into a story. Detailed rules provide for hours of entertainment as you create your own adventures and tell your own tales of a galaxy far, far away!
The Star Wars®: Edge of the Empire™ Beginner Game is a complete standalone experience for 3-5 novice roleplayers. It includes:
- 1 32-page Adventure Book, 1 48-page Rulebook, and 1 Introduction Sheet
- 4 Full-Color Character Folios
- 1 Full-Color Double-Sided Foldout Map
- 14 Custom Dice
- 8 Destiny Tokens, 35 Character Tokens, and 5 Vehicle Tokens
How to introduce your characters:
In the Adventure Trouble Brewing the underworld agents of THE BARON captured and turned the dreaded bounty hunter Bandin Dobah. Check the PCs Adventure Logs to determine if they turned in Bandin Dobah to the Galactic Empire on Kessel or Thakba Besadii Diori the Hutt. Bandin Dobah was an agent of Teemo the Hutt. In Revenge Teemo's goons captured the HEROES and locked them in Teemo's Dungeon to rot away or become entertainment in his fighting arena.
The GM is encouraged to create a bonus encounter that explains how the PCs escaped Teemo's Dungeon. This can be completed by adding a full extra encounter with the PCs navigating through Teemo's Palace escaping down the main walk way by playing it cool, stealthing through the back passageways, or using their coordination to scale the cliffs around the palace from the landing pad. The PCs should encounter a single minion group of Gamorrean Guards if this occurs. Or, it can simple be explained in a box text with a person in Teemo's court that THE BARON has blackmailed to go down to the dungeon and release the PCs. He can demand that the PCs tell THE BARON that his debt is settled to him. Adding this encounter can also allow the GM to introduce various NPCs from the Long Arm of the Hutt series. For example:
- The PCs can recall being captured and delivered to Teemo the Hutt by Trex the Trandoshan. This can setup Teemo as the bad guy and introduce the PCs to Trex earlier on in the adventure.
- While in the Dungeon the Geonosian known as Sivor can be seen rotting away in a cell across the hall. He can be taken away by Teemo's goons before the PCs escape from the cell. This will foreshadow his demise as detailed in Long Arm of the Hutt.
- Furthermore, you can have Tweek, Teemo's Kubaz spy, get into his starfighter and take off from Teemo's private landing pads if the PCs choose to try to escape via the landing pad, climb the pad walls, and scale the side of the cliff around Teemo's palace to get to the city.
Ways to Expand the Adventure:
Escape from Mos Shuuta is a beginner box adventure. Some GMs may have more experienced players or PCs of higher XP levels. In this case a Game Master is encouraged to allow the PCs to find their own way of escaping Mos Shuuta. Download the Expanded Mos Shuuta fan guide for more locations in the city that the PCs can venture in their attempt to escape the city and the vile grip of Teemo the Hutt. Some examples are:
- The PCs can escape via Tex's ship the Krayt Fang as printed in the adventure
- The PCs can attempt to become Rebels by stealing the Imperial Shuttle
- Perhaps the PCs choose to risk the wilds of Tatooine by renting a Dewback and escaping through the electrogate.
However the PCs choose the escape the basic elements of the adventure still apply. If they escape via the electrogate perhaps Trex tracks the PCs down in the Krayt Fang allowing for that final show down in the desert with Trex and his battle droids. The PCs would still have the similar outcome. If they steal the Imperial Shuttle then Trex and the Tie Fighters can attempt to shoot them down only to allow the fateful encounter with Trex if the shuttle has been shot down by the Krayt Fang and pursuing Tie Fighters.
Escape from Mos Shuuta Story Rewards
|Imperial Entanglements||Did the PCs discover the Lieutenant Herkin's (not entirely legal) Imperial connections to Teemo the Hutt by recovering a datapad.|
|The Fate of Trex||What happened to Trex? Did he die, did he escape, was he left for dead?|
|Escape from Mos Shuuta||How did the PCs escape Mos Shuuta? Did they escape via the Krayt Fang, the Imperial Shuttle, via the Dewback and through the electrogate?|
|Up, Up, and Away||Did the PCs recover Trex's Krayt Fang?|
|Experience & Destiny: Escaping Teemo's Palace||10 xp|
|Repairing the Krayt Fang||5 xp|
|Escaping Mos Shuuta||5 xp|
|Good Roleplaying||1-5 xp|