The Legends of the Galaxy Play Rules
Legends of the Galaxy has some Organized Play Rules to set expectations for Players and Game Masters alike. The rules of our organized play goes beyond just this single page. Be sure to always click on the Next Page button at the bottom each rules page to ensure you have read the full Legends of the Galaxy Community Drive Roleplaying Experience Organized Play Rules.
Star Wars: Legends of the Galaxy Roleplaying Experience is a series of Events hosted at our favorite local game shops worldwide. We are a Star Wars RPG Community / Club with a goal that brings people together. Both Players and GMs must register on the official Legends of the Galaxy Discussion Boards to be considered a member of Legends of the Galaxy. There, you can talk about your legendary adventures and build new friendships with fellow gamers. We exist only to help support our fellow members in the community creating a fun, robust, organized play which creates a cinematic universe for the Star Wars RPG Community.
Players and GMs aren’t required to read every single post on the boards, of course, but you must abide by rulings and clarifications in the FAQ and in this guide. The FAQ will be continuously updated with important rule clarifications, and ideally, there should be minimal ambiguity.
Help The Community Grow:
- Tell your Friends about Legends of the Galaxy
- Purchase Star Wars RPG product from FantasyFlightGames.com
at your favorite local game store
- Share, Like, Follow us on social media
- Start a conversation in the Discussion Boards
- Write and submit your own adventure ideas
- Donate to support the GM Rewards Program
The leaders of the Star Wars: Legends of the Galaxy Roleplaying Experience Events community trust you to use common sense in your interpretation of the rules. This means being courteous to your fellow players and enjoying the game together as a group, not endlessly nitpicking over the rules.
If you’ve been involved in organized play before, you’ve probably noticed that “The Rule Nazi” is a bit of an archetype. You’re bound to run into one sooner or later, and their whining and hair-splitting can kill your sense of immersion. That behavior is discouraged here. It’s about the joy of the game and the intrigue of the story, not about the minutiae of the rules. Don’t be a jerk.
Legends of the Galaxy assumes that each player has access to the following resources:
- At least 1 of 3 Star Wars RPG Core Role Books. ( Edge of the Empire ; Age of Rebellion ; or Force & Destiny)
- Either the Specialization Deck or Supplement Book for the specialization you choose to play when you make your own character.
- Rules of Play for the Legends of the Galaxy Roleplaying Experience Events (That’s what you’re reading right now. Congratulations, you already have one out of three!)
Game Masters are expected to be familiar with the official Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars RPG Rules, as well as the Legends of the Galaxy FAQ. You can read the FAQ here: Click Here
If you need a clarification about the FAQ that pertains to your character, feel free to send an email here:
Legends of the Galaxy Special Rules
The unique nature of a shared-galaxy campaign requires some minor alterations to the standard Star Wars RPG rules. This helps ensure that certain rules are enforced consistently at every table, even though each table is run by a different Game Master. This chapter summarizes those minor changes. For additional rules and clarifications, visit the Legends of the Galaxy FAQ online: Click Here
Naturally, it’s impossible for campaign management staff to cover every possible situation or rules interpretation. The depth and breadth of Legends of the Galaxy offers a huge range of possibilities by design, so the occasional ambiguity is to be expected. You may run into rule combinations or questions during an Adventure that aren’t covered in this guide or in the official FAQ. In these cases, the GM has the freedom to adjudicate the rules as they see fit, ensuring that a fun and fair gaming experience is had by all.
Now that you’ve got the background info, it’s time to take your first steps into the larger world of Legends of the Galaxy. Getting started is simple:
- Click on the Continue to Learn to Play at the bottom of the page. Read all of the Rules of Play continuing to each page until you have read the complete Legends of the Galaxy Rules.
- Legends of the Galaxy players should register themselves in our discussion board and post their characters online: Click Here
Players are allowed to create their own characters using the official Character Creation rules printed in the Star Wars Roleplaying Game by Fantasy Flight Games (Edge of the Empire; Age of Rebellion; or Force and Destiny)
- If you don’t have time to go through the character creation process, or you just want to try out a new character class, you can print a pre-generated character: Click Here
- If you just want to show up for an event your local event coordinator should have several ready-made character on hand for a player to choose from.
- When using a pregenerated character, you can apply the experience and rewards from your first adventure, as noted on your Adventure Log, to any newly created character of your very own.
- Please note that pregenerated characters are meant for new players or those who wish to try new classes. Players who consistently come to play should be creating and bringing their own character.